Sunday, December 4, 2011

Totoro



The project I was working on for "Yarn Along" wednesday was a Totoro for Rowan for Yule this year. I wish I had had my camera to document the whole process, it was really simple and I am pretty pleased with how it came out. A friend told me hand knits felt up really thick, which was a plus. I just knitted in the round until I had used up about a skein of yarn, then I bound off and felted it (washed it in the washer in hot water and dried it on high). It sort of felted fatter then I thought it would. I was thinking it would be longer. So I had to modify it a bit, to sort of give it some length. Then I just took some white wool felt I had and sewed that one and used black floss to make the pupils and the little design the Totoro has on his belly. I stitched a nose and mouth for him along with his whiskers. I used a blanket stitch to sew him all up and just stuffed him with some wool roving I had.
I think he sort of looks more like the smaller blue Totoro, and maybe a cat. LOL I hope Rowan will like him anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It turned out really cute.