Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along

hat and books
I have been completely uninspired in the knitting department. I start things, let them linger unfinished in the knitting wastelands. Right now I am trudging along making this hat for Rowan. I am not sure why it is so hard for me to get into this. It isn't hard at all and will be really cute whenever I get it finished. Aaaah well. Something will inspire me sooner or later, hopefully sooner.
As for reading, well that is on fire. I am reading one of the best books EVER on breastfeeding "The Politics of Breastfeeding". It is knocking me OUT. I can't put it down. I wish I had more hours in my day to read. When I am not up to my armpit in the breastfeeding book I am reading "High Tide in Tucson" and just loving it to pieces (as I usually do when I read it). I am still reading Cae and Rowan "Mrs. Coverlet's Magicians" which they are really enjoying. And Monday I got a copy of Taproot in the mail, how exciting is that? So far I am really enjoying it and I might subscribe to it. I am wondering how relevant some of the stuff will be to me as we are not in the far north but here in the desert southwest, but we will see. It does take submissions...so maybe??

Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh your reading list sounds fabulous. My five year old just finished up breastfeeding at Christmas. It was such a joyful time and I wouldn't trade it for the world, even all the stange look and hurtful comments at a toddler nursing.

Blessings, Elizabeth

Heather said...

I'm interested to hear your take on taproot. I live in Maine, so it might be more applicable to me (seeing as soulemama also lives in Maine), but I am hesitant to get a magazine subscription. I have so many knitting projects going all at once, it is insane. I think I get bored easily, so having so many to work on at once keeps it interesting :-)