Tuesday, August 21, 2012

~ Recipe Tuesday ~

I just love a theme. I love doing the Yarn Along with Ginny on Wednesdays, This Moment with Soulemama on Fridays, and Saturday's artist with Ordinary Life Magic (OR possibly do the Saturday Garden thing with Ginny). I love to blog, but sometimes I just don't have much going on, which is surprising seeing as I homeschool a gaggle of children and do all sorts of things and stuffs.
So anyway, I thought I would start sharing a recipe once a week. Something that we like and that turns out yummy almost every time. If you like you can post a comment with a link to your recipe. :)

pre-oven

post-oven
The Yummy Fritatta
~ 4 slices of bacon
~ 10 eggs
~ 1/2 heavy cream
~ 1 cup grated cheese
~ 1/2 pound fresh spinach (or a box of frozen that is thawed and drained well)
~ 1 leek sliced
~ salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
In the cast iron skillet cook the bacon. When done, drain and crumble up. Remove all but about 1 TBSP of bacon fat from skillet. Add leek, cook a bit, add spinach and cook down until nice and wilted. Take off heat.
Beat 10 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the skillet, add grated cheese and bacon. Give it all a good stir.
Pop the skillet into the oven and cook until eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
Serve with a yummy salad.

What I love about this recipe, is that I always have this stuff in the house and it takes just minutes to prepare. I am not sure why I don't make this all the time. So much better than pizza.

1 comment:

momto8 said...

I made the recipe!! for company over the holidays..I copied it off an internet site..yes! fabulous tasting...
I am your newest follower, with zero creativity...
pls follow back if you can.
enjoy!!