Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny at Small Things for the weekly Wednesday "Yarn Along"




Wooly Moss Roots is having an end of October 20% off sale, so I had to get a few sets of buttons. I have been pining for some for such a long time. They are so lovely. I need to find just the right project for them. I am thinking of making a sweater vest for Sagan and using the three yellowish buttons.


Logan's vest is coming along nicely. Somehow my color switch is off just a wee bit. Thankfully that is sort of in the arm pit. Although it is bugging the stuff out of me. I might frog the whole thing and start over if there is time. I still have to add the ribbing around the shoulders and around the neck. I have never really done anything like that before... picking up stitches, I am a bit worried I will mess it up. I am saving it until I have a few hours to just work on it uninterrupted, which will probably be this weekend.


I started on Cae's vest. I really like this simple design, I think it show cases the lovely yarn. I am sort of winging it on the pattern a bit as the free pattern was only for size 5/6 and he is bigger than that, so I keep measuring him and holding it to his back. LOL He is pretty sure something is up.


Here is the yarn for Sagan's sweater vest. It is a DK weight tweed. It is so lovely and warm. I just can't seem to decide on which pattern to use. I want to maybe do a button up so I can use some of those lovely buttons (like I said), but I haven't found one that just says "This is Sagan's sweater vest"!
I am reading some more on Waldorf math. Such an interesting way to approach math. So different from how I was taught.


And this is were I love to knit, sitting in my beloved rocker and looking out the window... or maybe at my wee sleeping girl snoozing on the sofa...


12 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

Great projects. I have a rocking chair much like yours in my living room -- a gift from my husband when I became pregnant with our first child -- over 32 years ago now! I would love to look at that math curriculum. Would have loved something like that when my 16-year-old was younger. He has struggled with math since he was in first grade (still does). It would have been nice to have some alternative curriculum for him. The schools haven't been able to come up with much that make a difference in how he understands math. Have a Happy Halloween!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

My chair is a rocker too and I think they make the best chairs for knitting:)

Don't worry about picking up stitches, just take your time and it's pretty easy. What I found that works for me is picking up every other stitch, but you may find a way you like better. The best part is if you don't like it you can pull it out and start over.

Tonya Gunn said...

Love that you are knitting vests for your children - a rocking chair has always been on my wish list - but with number seven a year old now, I will keep it on my wish list for our grandchildren.

momto5 said...

@P&J: it is never too late for a rocking chair. :) my husband got it for me after a miscarriage and said "you will be rocking a baby here soon". it meant so much to me, and still does. i love that chair. :)

Donna said...

I love knitting in my rocker too. What pretty yarn you are using for the sweater vest. Knit Picks has some great stuff.

Jules said...

I love the yarn you chose for Cae's vest...lovely! And those buttons are beautiful. But I think the sleeping babe steals the show :)
xo Jules

Heather L. said...

those buttons are really beautiful!

Kristen said...

Love how the vests are coming along! Also, the Waldorf math looks interesting...I've never done a Waldorf curriculum but I'd like to check it out!

house full of jays said...

Oh goodness those buttons are lovely! I've been contemplating a set (or two) for a while.
And I love the tweed yarn!

Kim said...

Those buttons are beautiful, can't wait to see what you use them for. And Waldorf math sounds interesting, we are just in the kindergarten phase right now, and following very loosely.

embracingitall said...

Your rocking chair looks like the perfect place to sit and knit. Love all your projects you have going at the moment. I really like the fleck of colour through the Knit Pick yarn. Have fun choosing the perfect pattern. the puerperium or beyond puerperium for bigger sizing is a nice pattern for a vest with buttons. I've knitted one for a friend and have another to finish for my son. Good luck picking up the stitches, I'm sure you will do fine. Jacinta

Unknown said...

Remind me to show you jogless striping or just google it. It helps with the color changes. Give me a call if you want to get together to knit when you tackle the picking up of stitches.