Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekending

Joining Amanda for the Habit of Being...
all dressed up


busting up peppermints

cracking walnuts

making rolo turtles

derek and the peppermint bark

live music

sunset

running around the front yarn

lights on the lake

lightrail track

theater at tempe town lake

Oh my, this weekend was full up with stuff. I feel a bit of relief that now it is Monday and I can rest a bit. It all started with Mike's companies Holiday party. It was so much fun, we even got to dress up for it, which you know hardly ever happens. I tend to be a jeans and t-shirt sort of gal, but I do enjoy a fancy black dress occasionally. Saturday Mike and I got to go out again for a few hours with just Fiona Rosy while biggest brother watched the littler brothers. We did a wee bit of holiday shopping, getting a few stocking stuffers and hitting a few thrift stores and a local book shop. It was such a lovely time, so often we tag team the holiday gift buying, it was nice to do a bit of it together... especially considering most of the holiday is going to be hand made by me. lol
And Sunday, oh Sunday... Candy making day! Three types of fudge were made, two types of peppermint bark, these thingies and those rolo pretzel "turtles" were made. It was all accompanied by either the Christmas music station OR live music from Audrey, Derek, and Mike. After a lovely, quick dinner we all went for a walk by Tempe town lake after the sun went down. All the lights strung up make it such a beautiful scene.
It was such a perfect weekend.

4 comments:

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am so glad to 'see' you and now have a face to go with your words, how beautiful!
Every year since I have had babies, my Mike and I take one day during the holiday season and go Christmas shopping together. I look forward to it all year and always make sure to put it on the calendar. We shop, have dinner, laugh and just enjoy, it makes me smile just thinking of it.

Erin said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend! You look so smart, all dressed up!

Unknown said...

You love gorgeous! So happy for you. Glad you had double the time together and all those goodies look yummy.

Nicole said...

What a great weekend! So glad you got some time with Mike!