Tuesday, November 19, 2013

More knits and reads

Joining Ginny from Small Things for the Yarn Along and Nicole from Frontier Dreams for KCCO.


baby blanket

fingerless mitts

I hardly ever knit more than one project at a time, but I was so wanted to start this baby blanket that I decided I would cast it on now and work it in the evenings and the fingerless mitts (a holiday gift) during the day. And those mitts are just flying off the needles. As of this writing I have about 1/2 an inch of ribbing left at the top and I just need to cast off mitt number 2. Then I am pretty much done with the holiday knits. Maybe, just maybe, I will work another project or two depending on how the gift giving thing works it self out, but for the most part I am done.
Now I can focus again on baby knits, because honestly they are so much fun to knit. The gown I was working on... well I am not liking it. So, I think I will frog it and do something else with the yarn. It is lovely yarn so I must find a nice project for it.
I got some sock yarn in the mail and I am planning on knitting this and maybe a pair of socks (or two) for Fiona Rosy, because she asked and how can I say no to her?? She is just so super sweet.
I am plugging away at my childbirth ed/postpartum doula/breastfeeding counselor training. Making sure I do a section every three days. At this rate I should be completing all three programs in a year. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Already done with holiday knits! Way to go! I have a long way to go...and will most likely be knitting right up until Christmas :-)

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I wish I was done with holiday knitting, I keep adding to my list. I must really learn to stay away from Ravelry!
There really is something about knitting for a baby, so special.

steph said...

just when I think I'm 'done'....I think again!!! love the colors you are working with!!! happy! (it seems i only knit with grey!)

karen said...

I'm nearly ready :) Love the project on the needles!!