Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Making



Finally, finally I want to knit again, NEED to knit again. I am working on a super simple garter stitch blanket for one of my sons for christmas. I am using Knitpicks Cotlin and 9 different colors, each stripe being one skein of yarn big. So far I am on skein 3. I made one of these for Nuala before she was born (but I used wool) and Cae just loved it and has been wanting one for awhile. Since it is such an easy knit it is something I am working on at night when I don't have to think much. BUT, because it is so easy it is sorta boring, and since I feel the urge now to knit again I decided to start on a couple of sweaters. One for Fiona and one for Nuala, matchy matchy sweaters! I bought some yarn off of a friend in a lovely variegated pink and I am making the girls this vest, it is super simple and very sweet and uses BUTTONS! Fiona and I have been looking on Wooly Moss Roots Etsy shop to see which lovely buttons I should use. I am leaning towards the purple heart buttons, but Fiona loves the fabric buttons with the flowers. I might be forced to order both!
My reading as been focused almost completely on my Breastfeeding counselor "Breastfeeding Physiology" book, and when I am not reading that I actually have been reading the Waldorf Kindergarten snack book (weird I know, but it is full of info as well as recipes).

13 comments:

Janel said...

That pink yarn is beautiful! My daughter is drooling over it now. :)

La Chili said...

I loved your blog, lovely babies too!

elizabeth said...

oh nice!!! two free and EASY patterns, thank you!!! what a great thing for this morning.

lovely work and colours!!!

EMMA said...

Great looking pink - can't wait to see the buttons!

Heather said...

The snack book actually sounds really good! I think my kids would be happy if I read a book about snacks :-)

fjord girl said...

Such a cute vest pattern, I have bought buttons with Wooly Moss- can't recommend them enough.
Happy Knitting :)

Darcel {MahoganyWayMama} said...

The vest is going to be adorable in that bright pink. Also like the blanket your working on. I thought of knitting some blankets for the kids, but I wanted to use a more chunky yarn.

Donna said...

Blankets always seem to be a hit with kids. I can't wait to see what other colors you use. Enjoy!

Crooked Moon Mama said...

Awe...we love the Waldorf kindergarten Snack book too. It's just lovely to look at. many of those recipes became staples in our house long ago.

steph said...

i've bough wooly moss buttons, too.....loved them! glad you are knitting again!

karen said...

beautiful blanket and I know that will be finished in time for the holidays!

sustainablemum said...

Love the pink yarn, hope you find some buttons that you all like to go with it!

CathieJ said...

That pink yarn is so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing all the different colors in that blanket.